Distributed Ledger Technology (DLT) Consultant Certificate
Blockchain is a disruptive Technology that has been evolving in the last 10 years since it made it debut with Bitcoin in January 2009. Although Blockchain may seem “New” to many, today’s Blockchains are not the same as those of 4 years ago specially when it comes about scalability, transaction fees and speed.
A lot of research has been done in the subject of Blockchains and the way they achieve agreement between the trustless parties that take part of it. Enhancements in cryptographic protocols, settlement layers, consensus algorithms and segregation has produced enterprise grade/ more efficient and scalable Blockchains to meet demands of the global usage.
This program consists of 20 hours of Education about Distributed Ledger Technologies, origins, types, classification, Blockchains, DAGs, Consensus Algorithms, Cryptocurrency, DLT-Ecosystem, Crypto-Ecosystem Valuation, Application of Blockchain outside Cryptocurrency, Cryptocurrency Mining, etc.
There is a final exam with required minimum passing grade of 70%. The 20 hours are splitted into 4 sessions of 5hr each with assignments from class to class.
No previous knowledge is required and it has designed as “beginner friendly”. There are exercises which provide the hands-on component or “learn-by-doing” which allows all participants to put into practice what they just learned and gain the confidence needed.
By joining this program you are investing in your education and will gain better understanding of the technology, its implications to your business as well as to envision how to become a disruptor and early adopter to materialize many of its benefits: Enhanced transparency and traceability, one-single ledger (accounting), cost savings and higher productivity and alignment (consensus) among all the parties involved.
The 4 sessions (5hr each) will cover the following topics below. These sessions run on-going, so you can start right a week later you have registered for this program.
- Session1: What is Distributed Ledger Technology, its origins, types and overall Ecosystem, Types of DLT, Architecture of DLT, Consensus Algorithms evolution, "killer-application of a Blockchain example".
- Session 2: DLT Ecosystem and Valuation models for Cryptocurrencies. Best Practices measuring value/ usability/
- Session 3: Bitcoin & Ethereum deep dives, Wallets and Explorers for BTC and Ethereum. a Blockchain Wallet, and what role they play in the Blockchain- Distributed Ledger Technology Ecosystem?
- Session 4: Enterprise Blockchain, and other Use-cases outside Cryptocurrency.
- Session 5: Review and Final Exam.
- This course is non-Technical and intended for all audiences who are stuck in understanding the concepts read in several books about Blockchain, or lack the confidence to explain Blockchain or just do not know where to get started or just want to avoid costly mistakes down the road
DATE: OnGoing. Just sign up and you will receive email with proposed dates for the 5 sessions
TIME: Flexible hours, most of the time it will be after work (after 6pm) . weekdays or during morning-weekends
PLACE: Flexible (usually Toronto Downtown, but also could work outside GTA or at your own location). WiFi access is a must.